What will you be empowered to do?
Sr. Associate Scientist / Scientist I, Antibody Discovery & Engineering
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who We Are
23andMe, the leading consumer genetics and research company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team in South San Francisco leverages this data to discover and develop new treatments that can offer significant benefits for patients with serious, unmet medical needs.
This dedicated research and drug development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database and performs preclinical research to advance programs towards clinical development. We currently have programs across several therapeutic areas, including but not limited to oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
We are seeking an exceptional Sr. Associate Scientist or Scientist I to contribute to the discovery and engineering of antibodies across our Therapeutics portfolio. You will also play a role in the development of innovative approaches to antibody discovery and engineering.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for executing antibody discovery and engineering projects for therapeutic antibody development using various approaches including B-cell cloning and phage display.
- Collaborate with therapeutic leads to plan the strategy for antibody discovery and engineering and support projects through various stages of development.
- Lead and support method development projects in the antibody discovery and engineering group.
- Perform antibody production, characterization, and biochemical / biophysical analysis.
- Interpret, record and present complex biological data.
- Communicate and collaborate with other colleagues effectively.
What You'll Bring
- Ph.D. with 2+ years of research experience in molecular biology, protein engineering, antibody engineering, biochemistry, structural biology or related field or a Master’s / Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience with a demonstrated record of accomplishments.
- Strong technical expertise in a wide range of molecular biology and protein engineering techniques, including mutagenesis, molecular cloning, construct design, protein expression and purification, protein interaction characterization (ELISA, BIAcore, Octet) and sequence analysis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Critical thinking with high degree of innovative and analytical skills
- Industry experience in antibody and protein engineering research
- Hands on antibody discovery experience using phage display, repertoire sequencing or B-cell cloning
- Experience in immune repertoire sequencing analysis
- Adept in using lipid nanoparticles in target and drug discovery
- Experience in using the 10x Genomics single cell platform
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back