Join our gene pool.
Software Engineer - Apps
Mountain View, California, United States
Software engineering students of all levels wanted for our software engineer opportunity! Come join us in our mission to be the world's trusted source of personal genetic information.
You’ll have the opportunity to solve challenging engineering problems that come with building a highly interactive website and manipulating large amounts of data in the background. You’ll work within a small, fast-paced team that has a mix of veteran engineers and recent graduates to work on a variety of tasks.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
We have opportunities in our consumer apps development team. You’ll be involved in design and implementation of new apps and frameworks, participate in our product development process, write unit and functional tests, and solve performance and scalability problems.
What you’ll bring
You’re just graduating with your Bachelor's degree or working on your Master’s degree in Computer Science or related major. You have strong applied experience. You've built, broken, rebuilt software applications. You have the ability to deliver well-designed high-quality code on time.
- Experience developing any mobile apps: Android, iOS
- Experience with frontend technologies like HTML5, CSS3, etc.
- Optional: Solid Java or Swift experience
- Optional: Experience with AWS based site hosting and services
- Preferred: Computer Science of related academic background
- You’re curious, excited by new technologies, and thrive in a fast-paced and high impact environment.
- You are self-motivated to work and achieve, and you are also a great collaborator on teams.
- You are crazy smart and love working with others you can learn from.
- Your idea of fun is to be challenged by hard problems. You love to think outside the box and build things that make an impact on people around the world every day.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back