Join our gene pool.
Business Development Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
We are seeking a Business Development Manager to support partnering efforts and new business opportunities. The ideal candidate will have a life sciences background and relevant experience in sourcing, negotiating, structuring and executing partnership deals in the pharma, biotech, healthcare, and /or health tech space. This role will report to and work closely with the Director, Business Development and interact with a broad range of 23andMe teams. Join our growing 23andMe team!
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Lead and assist in negotiating a variety of partnership contracts
- Support the identification of new partnering opportunities across industry, academia and the non-profit sectors
- Gather relevant facts and use sound judgment to determine optimal partnership opportunities to pursue
- Pitch partnership opportunities to prospective partners
- Perform internal cross-functional feasibility and establish buy-in from multiple internal teams
- Draft project plans and statements of work, including resource planning
- Generate financial proposals and term sheets for various deal structures
- Some travel will be required
What you’ll bring
- Advanced degree (Ph.D., MBA, JD) and a Bachelor’s degree in a life science discipline
- Minimum of 3+ years work experience in a Business Development or licensing role in the healthcare, biotech, pharma, and/or health tech industry
- Established record of successfully pitching, negotiating, and closing deals (Note: a deal sheet must be included with your application)
- Exceptional, confident communication skills with both public speaking and customer – facing experience
- Experience working on projects that integrate scientific, legal, and business issues with an eye towards practical, efficient solutions
- Excellent consensus building skills and experience working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to independently set and meet deadlines, and motivate others to meet deadlines
- Independent, proactive and self-driven with a can-do attitude
- Working knowledge of genetics
- Passionate about science, medicine, and business
Please Note: A deal sheet must be included in your application to be considered
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.