Join our gene pool.
Product Manager, Partner Integrations
Mountain View, California, United States
Are you fascinated by technology, passionate about making science useful for consumers, and convinced that digital health can make a difference in the world? 23andMe is exploring exciting opportunities in partnership with external companies to provide greater value for our customers. In this role, you will vet the scientific and technical aspects of potential partnerships, develop product and integration requirements, and work cross-functionally to lead the execution of signed deals. Your work will help make personal genetic information relevant to the everyday lives of millions of people.
Who we are
23andMe’s mission is to help individuals and researchers access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health.
Who you are
You are a believer in digital tech and always keep up with the latest tech trends. You think science is pretty awesome and would love to be part of a revolution in healthcare. You are comfortable in technical and scientific environments, familiar with business development and product management, and committed to delivering high quality and responsive service to internal and external partners. You are proactive and can work independently but thrive on coordinating and working in teams. Like us, you are mission-driven and want to contribute to something that truly impacts people’s lives.
What you’ll do
- Lead projects that integrate 23andMe's genetic data with external partners to launch personalized consumer health and wellness products
- Develop integration solutions and product requirements (both internal and external) that reflect scientific validity, technological capabilities, applicable regulations, and user and business needs
- Collaborate with Product Science, Product Management, Business Development, Engineering, Design, Regulatory Affairs, and Quality Assurance as relevant, coordinating internal resources and dependencies to execute contracts on time
- Evaluate potential partners and projects for compatibility with our scientific, technical, and consumer value frameworks
- Help structure product integration plans and review integration and other technical elements of term sheets and contracts
- Communicate requirements, plans, and project status within teams and throughout the organization, as well as with partners
- Define success metrics and analyze outcomes to inform process improvement and portfolio strategy
- Apply partnership lens to product roadmap to identify opportunities in product development
We hope you have
- A degree in the life sciences, engineering, or other technical fields
- 2+ years experience with product development and product management
- Experience with consumer health and wellness, especially digital health/wellness apps and platforms
- Experience working with external partners and cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with statistics, genetics, and interpretation of scientific findings
- Familiarity with software and product development frameworks, agile workflows, and APIs
- Advanced degree in life sciences, engineering, or business
- Familiarity with genetic association analyses and an ability to critically evaluate scientific studies
- Experience working in a regulated medical device environment
- Experience working in a dynamic startup environment
- Experience with business development, alliance management, project management or contracting
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back