Join our gene pool.
Product Manager, Growth
Mountain View, California, United States
Are you fascinated by technology, passionate about making science useful for consumers, and convinced that digital health can make a difference in the world? 23andMe continues to experience rapid growth as more customers discover the value we bring to their lives. In this role, you will propose strategies to increase customer acquisition and lifetime value, methodically test and evaluate those ideas, and incorporate them into the 23andMe product experience.
Who we are
23andMe’s mission is to help individuals and researchers access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health.
Who you are
You believe healthcare is experiencing a revolution driven in part by consumer empowerment. You dig science and relish the opportunity to make it more relatable to everyday people. You appreciate the challenge of scaling a business. You are proactive and can work independently but thrive on coordinating and working in teams. Like us, you are mission-driven and want to contribute to something that truly impacts people’s lives.
What you’ll do
- Drive strategy and outcomes to grow consumer revenue for 23andMethrough growth tactics across multiple channels, including store, in-product, onboarding, and email
- Build cross-functional relationships and processes with other product managers, engineering, analytics, design, and marketing to drive initiatives
- Analyze and understand data, and leverage that understanding to make data-driven decisions
- Understand the customer by collaborating with our consumer insights, product marketing, and broader product teams
What you’ll bring
- 2+ years experience in consumer growth, product management, marketing or demand generation role
- Growth experience with proven ability to lead a team to meet specific KPIs (e.g., revenue, lifetime value)
- Solid understanding of value drivers in business models similar to 23andMe
- Comfort with generating hypotheses, structuring tests, and analyzing results with analytics tools
- Familiarity with software and product development frameworks and agile workflows
- Ability to build relationships and effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization, from C-level to individual contributors
- Ability to manage and influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with ability to inspire others
- University degree
- Experience with consumer health and wellness, especially digital health/wellness apps and platforms
- Experience building consumer product exhibiting network effects
- Experience working in a dynamic startup environment
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.