Join our gene pool.
Senior Financial Analyst
Mountain View, California, United States
Reporting to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis, this is a hands-on role assisting with monthly, quarterly, and annual FP&A responsibilities.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate the processes and deliverables for the in-depth monthly forecast taking into account historical trends and engagement with various business partners (Research, Therapeutics, Communications, Legal, Regulatory, HR, Facilities) to arrive at the best possible model for expenses, headcount, and capex.
- Administrate and maintain model changes and enhancements to Host Analytics planning system.
- Responsible for financial reporting deliverables (BOD, month end, 701 disclosures, investor, and departmental).
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness by streamlining, standardizing and automating processes and reporting requirements.
- Work independently with limited direction and supervision, within a complex and changing environment to drive delivery of solutions.
What You’ll Bring
- 4+ years relevant experience
- Strong understanding of GAAP in a variety of accounting areas
- Deadline driven
- Exceptionally detail oriented, analytically driven, and have the highest standards of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Extremely curious and creative problem solver that can quickly identify and solve unique issues; is not satisfied with easy or convenient answers; drives issues to root cause
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with staff at all levels
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Host Analytics and NetSuite experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back