Join our gene pool.
Mountain View, California, United States
Experienced software engineers wanted! Solve challenging engineering problems that come with building a highly interactive website and manipulating large amounts of data in the background. Work within a small, fast-paced team that has a mix of veteran engineers and recent graduates. Enjoy a collaborative environment with small project teams working on a variety of tasks ranging from website development to genotype data processing. Come join us in our mission to be the world's trusted source of personal genetic information.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Design and implement new features and frameworks
- Participate in product development process
- Write unit and functional tests
- Solve performance and scalability problems
What you’ll bring
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field and a minimum of one year software team experience
- Working knowledge of Python and/or significant exposure to different programming languages and paradigms
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to deliver well-designed high-quality code on time
- Experience with LAMP stack web application development
- Understanding of web security and cryptography concepts
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back