Join our gene pool.
Big Data Infrastructure Engineer
Mountain View, California, United States
Join 23andMe in our mission is to be the world's trusted source of personal genetic information. We are seeking an outstanding senior software engineer who wants to challenge and push the boundaries of technology and science.
Define, design, and build compelling new features. Bring creative and innovative approaches to engineering problems that come with building a highly interactive website and manipulating huge amounts of data. Lead by example and share your product delivery wisdom, wit and experience across the team. Enjoy a collaborative environment with small project teams working on a variety of tasks ranging from web and application development to genotype data processing.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Play a key role in product development and feature definition
- Design and implement new features and frameworks
- Advocate and advance extensive automated testing
- Create high performance and scalable solutions
What you'll bring
- BS in Engineering or related field with a minimum of 6 years’ industry experience, real world experience delivering production quality code
- Working knowledge of Python and/or significant exposure to different programming languages and paradigms
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to deliver well-designed high-quality code on time
- Experience with full stack web application development
- Understanding of web security and cryptography concepts
- Experience with development in the AWS ecosystem - preferred
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.