Join our gene pool.
Research & Science
Mountain View, California, United States
We are looking for a genetic epidemiologist with a track record of successful independent research. 23andMe has the world’s largest research database of participants with both genetic and self-reported phenotype data. The successful candidate will contribute to our understanding of the role of genetics in human biology, and drive new treatments for disease.
Who we are
The 23andMe Research and Therapeutics teams work together to turn large amounts of genetic and phenotypic data into discoveries that improve health. In addition to the genetic data generated for each participant as a customer, we also collect data about their medical history, traits, and behaviors, mostly through online surveys. The phenotype data are collected from the cohort as a whole, and as part of more targeted studies.
What you'll do
- Generate and execute on novel ideas for analyzing existing data
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan and analyze new genetic epidemiology studies
- Act as a mentor and advisor for more junior scientists
- Communicate findings clearly to specialists and non-specialists
- Document work for training and replication purposes
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What you'll bring
- PhD in statistics, genetics, epidemiology, or a closely related field
- A minimum of 5 years experience in genetic epidemiology research
- Strong record of publishing research results
- Strong statistical skills
- Strong computing skills and comfort in a LINUX/UNIX environment
- Strong data analysis skills
- A proven ability to communicate and work successfully on teams
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back