Join our gene pool.
Research & Science
Research Project Manager
Mountain View, California, United States
Do you love science (and scientists) but have no desire to aliquot anything ever again? Do people naturally turn to you when something needs to get done? Does it drive you crazy when work is poorly organized and tasks fall through the cracks? Does developing an elegant, functional solution to a complex problem make it easy for you to get out of bed every morning?
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
In addition to being one of the biggest players in the direct-to-consumer genetics world, 23andMe is also performing cutting-edge research on an unprecedented scale. As a result of this dual nature, we need to manage collaborations both internally within and across teams, and externally with academic and industry partners. We are looking for an experienced scientist and project manager to join our research team to help develop and manage these projects. Come join the 23andMe team!
What you'll do
Our new Project Manager would be mainly responsible for executing projects for the 23andMe Research team and for academic and industry partners. For each project, the Project Manager would work closely with internal and external stakeholders who have science, business, or legal backgrounds, to define the project aims, scope, and deliverables. The Project Manager would then assemble the team, create a project roadmap, manage meetings, and define and report performance indicators. Ultimately, it would be the Project Manager’s responsibility to provide the deliverables within the established scope, schedule, and budget.
What you'll bring
- Ph.D. in a biomedical science (an advanced degree in genetics is a plus) or M.S. in a biomedical science and 2+ years of work experience
- Experience managing projects that integrate scientific, legal, and privacy issues with an eye towards practical, efficient solutions
- Ability to cut to the heart of a problem, create a solution, and build consensus around that solution
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good working knowledge of statistics and modern human genetics concepts
- Ability to independently set and meet deadlines and to motivate others to meet deadlines without formal authority
- Ability to manage a range of complex, high-impact projects simultaneously
- Ability to proactively identify issues or challenges from a scientific, legal, privacy, or business perspective
- Outstanding orientation to cross-functional teamwork: works collaboratively, effectively, and efficiently with others
- Strong interpersonal skills: able to use tact and diplomacy to maintain effective working relationships, able to raise problems or challenges in a productive manner
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with individuals of diverse backgrounds
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back