Join our gene pool.
Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Mountain View, California, United States
Join 23andMe and contribute to the study of the human genome! We have a uniquely large and rich database of genotypic and phenotypic data for our millions of customers. This gives us challenging and unique problems around storing, accessing, and processing data. Our teams are small and collaborative, and we value work/life balance. Our machine learning engineering team collaborates with our scientific research team to solve problems using machine learning. Our goal is to deliver useful data to researchers and high quality reports to our customers. Come join us in our mission to be the world's trusted source of personal genetic information!
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Build applications, libraries, and services to make machine learning more available within the company
- Expand the variety and complexity of machine learning modes we can use
- Develop checks and tests to ensure we're delivering reliable, quality results
- Optimize machine learning, computational, and data processing pipelines
- Collaborate with scientists, product specialists, and other engineers
What you'll bring
- Bachelor and 3+ years experience, or Masters and 1+ years experience
- Experience with production-grade machine learning services
- Knowledge of Python
- Experience working with cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Experience working with data at scale
- A desire to collaborate and share knowledge
- The ability to deliver high-value projects
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.