Join our gene pool.
Mountain View, CA, United States
As a result of our recent growth, 23andMe seeks a creative and energetic HR Coordinator to provide day-to-day HR support within the organization. This role will report to the Human Resources Director and be working in most aspects of HR including employee relations, manager development, onboarding, compensation, benefits, and systems.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Provide HR support and consultation, answering employee and manager questions about HR programs, policies, and other HR-related items
- Assist HR Business Partners with planning and roll-out of HR programs and initiatives
- Triage employee inquiries and connect them to the right subject matter expert when necessary
- Identify opportunities to improve HR programs by connecting the dots across multiple projects. Identify opportunities and propose solutions to increase efficiencies across the team.
- Contribute to the design and roll out of employee development and training programs
- Conduct new hire orientation and exit interviews
- Administer health plans; review and reconcile benefit billings
- Manage the online benefits system
- Maintain employee records
- Oversee leave of absence programs
- Manage workers’ compensation claims process
- Track HR metrics and People analytics
What you'll bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of leadership (in school, sports, or community)
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills; must be able to interact with candidates, employees, and vendors at all levels and be sensitive to the needs of the organization while delivering outstanding customer service
- Proven reputation for taking initiative, anticipating needs, and making recommendations under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and to working with a virtual team
- Maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Proficiency in GoogleDocs, Microsoft Excel, and ADP payroll software preferred
- Great sense of humor!
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.