Join our gene pool.
Therapeutics - South San Francisco, CA
Scientific Researcher / Sr. Scientific Researcher, Hybridoma Technology
South San Francisco, CA, United States
Genetic testing makes it possible for each of us to understand our bodies in ways that were unimaginable only ten years ago. 23andMe continues to lead the way in making this information accessible, understandable and actionable for our customers, most of whom have consented to participate in research. This consumer-driven research model is powered by a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information that has the potential to improve human health through advances in genomics.
23andMe's Therapeutics team is committed to discovering and developing new therapies that can offer significant benefits for patients. This dedicated research and development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database, generates lead compounds for these targets and performs preclinical research to advance programs for clinical development.We are seeking an exceptional Scientific Researcher / Sr. Scientific Researcher to grow our hybridoma capabilities in-house and to join a collaborative, cross-functional research team responsible for the discovery, characterization and development of antibodies to support our therapeutic programs. Strong theoretical knowledge and hands-on technical expertise in multiple aspects of hybridoma technology is required. Successful candidates will be independent researchers with a passion for discovery, possess a solid track record and have the ability to manage multiple projects.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to the growth of in-house hybridoma technology as an antibody discovery platform
- Design and carry out immunization protocols, titer mouse sera, harvest spleen and lymph nodes, perform fusions, collect hybridoma supernatants, expand, sub-clone, and cryo-preserve hybridomas
- Screen hybridomas and characterize antibodies by a variety of binding and functional assays
- Contribute to maintaining hybridoma cell banking, inventory and related databases
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Cell Biology, Immunology or related field
- 3+ years of experience in multiple aspects of hybridoma antibody discovery technology, including a successful track record in antibody generation and characterization using hybridoma technology
- Strong theoretical knowledge and technical expertise in all aspects of hybridoma technology including multiple protocols and routes of immunization, tissue harvest and fusion and all facets of culturing and characterizing hybridomas
- Experience with antibody characterization assays including ELISA, high throughput and multiparameter flow cytometry, immunocytochemistry, biochemical and cell-based functional assays.
- Highly analytical with excellent trouble shooting skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to present scientific data in group settings
- Ability to work independently in a team environment
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience and academic credentials.
- Biotech / Pharma industry experience
- Experience with automation and liquid handling instrumentation as it relates to hybridoma screening assays
- Experience with methods of direct measurement of bio-molecular interactions such as Bio-Layer Interferometry (BLI, Octet platform) and/or surface plasmon resonance technology (SPR, Biacore platform)
- Experience with small-medium scale antibody expression and purification
- Experience in antibody drug discovery and development
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://mediacenter.23andme.com/therapeutics/.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.