Join our gene pool.
Contract Manufacturing Manager
Mountain View, CA, United States
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Develop assembly and fulfillment strategy and implement across multiple external suppliers
- Lead RFX processes from concept inception through implementation
- Manage 3rd party sites to optimize scalability and cost through improved production flow, efficiencies, and yields while maintaining the highest levels of quality
- Perform periodic cost improvement ideas in terms of DFM or alternative technology platforms
- Drive initiatives for Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing and productivity improvements
- Introduce and implement SPC techniques and associated measurement and control systems as appropriate
- Provide direction, leadership, and technical support for supply chain, including technical analysis of current and future product configuration changes to enhance product manufacturability
- Promote customer satisfaction and enhanced end-customer experience
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of related Contract Manufacturing and diverse Supply Chain experience (procurement, engineering, planning, quality, etc). Previous experience with direct manufacturing leadership is strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of production/process technologies like Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen etc.
- Experience leading/managing Contract Manufacturers and Original Design Manufacturers
- Experience with finance and analytics, cost modeling and negotiation experience
- Leadership, sound judgment, and solid technical problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of achieving results in a cross functional environment
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.