Join our gene pool.
Lab Operations Associate
Mountain View, CA, United States
23andMe is seeking a talented Lab Operations Associate to oversee our contracted laboratories’ genotyping testing process. In this newly created role, you will participate in helping bring new facilities and technologies online as well as support routine laboratory operations.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Monitor 23andMe’s contracted laboratories for both commercial testing and research projects
- Follow up on R&D projects in the contracted laboratories for regulatory agency submissions
- Provide trouble-shooting guidelines to laboratories and internal 23andMe groups (Customer Service QA, Regulatory Affairs, etc.)
- Interact with Regulatory Affairs and QA to ensure all laboratories' performances meet regulatory requirements
- Act as a liaison between 23andMe and contracted laboratories and reagents supplier
- Conduct process improvement initiatives to continuously optimize quality, cost and efficiency
- Represent Lab Ops in interdepartmental meetings.
- Minimal travel to visit contracted laboratories and attend conferences
What you'll bring
- Current California State Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) license as a Molecular Specialist or Generalist
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of work experience in the biotech industry or related R&D setting, with a large component of hands-on laboratory work following receipt of your California CLS license
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to explain technical concepts and details to diverse audiences (e.g., technical staff, business management, research colleagues, product & engineering colleagues, vendors, and customers)
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and maintain a positive attitude in dealing with internal and external partners
- Strong work ethic and desire to deliver work of the highest quality
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and with a high degree of autonomy and accountability
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.