Join our gene pool.
Senior Data Warehouse Engineer
Mountain View, CA, United States
We are seeking an outstanding senior data warehouse engineer to be part of the team focused on providing friction-less access to data by our analytic and business users. This new position will initially be responsible for dimensional modeling, source systems analysis and ETL to populate a subject area of the evolving data warehouse.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.Own the portion of the dimensional model relevant to the subject area you first deal with.
What you'll do
- Own relevant source systems analysis activities spanning multiple source systems including the MySQL databases that underpin our service, cloud based email delivery systems, Google analytics, Amazon Marketplaces and enterprise systems such as NetSuite financials and Laboratory Information Systems.
- Architect and implement the ETL responsible for transforming and loading the source data into our hybrid Oracle 12c/Hadoop based data warehouse.
- Work with the MicroStrategy team to ensure that your designs properly accommodate the requirements of the reporting layer.
We hope you'll bring
- B.S. Engineering or a related field, plus minimum 5 years industry experience with some exposure to high volume data environments.
- Solid experience working with subject matter experts within organizations that depend upon the Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence system to get their work done.
- Solid transactional and dimensional modeling and implementation skills.
- Multiple years of in depth experience in designing and implementing custom ETL in a Unix/Oracle environment.
- Solid Object Oriented design and implementation skills, ideally in Python, SQL and PL/SQL.
- An interest in contributing to the novel framework that is employed for process management, workflow definition and execution and, reusable ETL component construction.
- An understanding of how business intelligence tools such as MicroStrategy and Tableau function is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with the Hadoop and the AWS ecosystems is also desirable.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.