Join our gene pool.
Senior Software Engineer - Business Systems
Mountain View, California, United States
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
We’re looking for a talented and flexible senior software engineer who can build the bridge between internal product and business systems and databases and meet operational integration and reporting requirements. This position will be in our Engineering team and a key part of our back office platform team. Come join the 23andMe team!
What you'll do
- Spec, design, and implement new internal features and services with an emphasis on support for finance and accounting
- Build integrations across internal and external systems (Operational data store, NetSuite, Retailers, etc) to support existing and new sales channel initiatives
- Build and enhance fulfillment, e-commerce, and accounting applications to support revenue recognition, cost accounting, and financial reporting
- Develop deep knowledge of the Company's business and operational data and transactional systems
- Play a key role in driving new channel initiatives to ensure operational and financial objectives are aligned and technical requirements are met
What you'll bring
- BS in Engineering or related field with a minimum of 5 years’ industry experience
- Working knowledge of Python and/or significant exposure to similar programming languages and paradigms
- Required understanding of database fundamentals and experience with database procedural languages, ideally PL/SQL
- Experience building and knowledge of microservice architectures and web services
- Familiarity with event sourcing patterns
- Familiarity and interest in accounting concepts, e-commerce platforms, and financial reporting a bonus, willingness to learn a must!
- An effective communicator that can work with multiple departments to proactively address issues
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back