Join our gene pool.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
The successful candidate will perform various tasks including specimen processing, inventory management, reagent preparation and other support tasks within the laboratory. The individual will work collaboratively with all laboratory personnel and management in accordance with department and follows all laboratory policies and procedures.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Receive and process specimens while maintaining specimen integrity and ensuring correct patient identification throughout all processes.
- Label specimens accurately and distribute them to the appropriate departments.
- Prepare specimens for testing using various types of laboratory equipment and materials.
- Responsible for filing, tracking, retrieval, and accurate record keeping of specimens and associated documentation.
- Prepare and maintain accurate laboratory records within the laboratory information system and manually, as appropriate.
- Responsible for proper disposal of biohazard and chemical waste in accordance with local, state, and federal laws.
- Records, monitors, and completes corrective actions for laboratory non-conformances including temperature, humidity, cleaning, etc. to ensure a quality and safe work environment.
- Identifies non-conformances and problems within the laboratory and brings to management’s attention immediately.
- Knowledge of and responsible for ensuring compliance with CLIA, CAP, NYS regulations within department and associated tasks.
- Other duties as assigned to meet regulatory and business requirements.
What you’ll bring
- High school diploma/GED required,
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Science, preferred.
- Prior clinical laboratory experience, preferred.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work for timely completion.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, adaptable, deadline driven environment.
- All laboratory personnel will be required to maintain schedule flexibility and when problems arise, may be required to work overtime.
- Effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to easily understand complex instructions.
- Able and willing to maintain strict level of confidentiality regarding laboratory results and records.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Must possess ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Must possess ability to perform repetitive motion.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Potential exposure to chemical and biohazardous material in the laboratory environment (i.e. alcohol, formamide).
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.