Join our gene pool.
Scientist II, Antibody and Protein Engineering
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
23andMe, the leading consumer genetics company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team uses this data to discover and develop novel medicines to treat important diseases. The team currently has research programs across several therapeutic areas, including oncology, skin, respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
We are seeking an innovative Scientist with leadership skills and strong expertise in antibody discovery, antibody and protein engineering, molecular mechanism of action of biological pathways, and therapeutic development processes to join a collaborative and cross-functional team responsible for delivering therapeutic candidates for unmet medical needs.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to target validation and therapeutic discovery by collaborating with project and cross function leaders as lead in antibody discovery and engineering efforts
- Support Hybridoma group in strategizing and optimizing work flow, antibody characterization and technology development
- Contribute to target discovery and downstream therapeutic development efforts
- Innovate and contribute to antibody and protein engineering technology development efforts
- Document and communicate experimental results/project updates to team members and senior staff
- Manage, mentor and train other researchers
What you’ll bring
- Ph.D. with 10+ years of experience in antibody discovery, protein engineering, structural biology or related field or M.S. degree with 12+ years of industry R&D experience
- Expertise in therapeutic antibody development, antibody and therapeutic format (such as bispecific antibody) engineering, and antibody repertoire sequence and structure analysis
- Proven track record via high quality publications and/or patent applications
- Highly analytical with excellent trouble shooting skills
- Managerial experience leading and mentoring team
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Experience and expertise in bioinformatic and statistical analysis of antibody and protein interaction
- Experience in phage and yeast display
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.