Join our gene pool.
Accounts Payable Specialist
Mountain View, California, United States
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who You Are
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Accounts Payable Specialist to join our growing Finance team. This role will require a general knowledge of the procure to pay process, and a deep understanding of accounts payable, employee expense report processes, corporate credit card programs, GL coding, and reporting. Additionally, comfort with using a variety of systems, including Netsuite and Concur, and strong communication skills will be paramount. This newly created position will report to our Accounting Manager in Corporate Accounting.
What you’ll do
- Process Accounts Payable data entry in Netsuite for vendor bills received via email
- Prepare weekly vendor payments to ensure timely payment of bills
- Review and audit employee expense reports in Concur
- Follow up on purchase orders, vendor bill, and expense report inquiries from either employees or vendors
- Setup and maintain vendor records in NetSuite (i.e. W-9 forms, banking details, etc)
- Assist in providing documentation for internal team members
- Ensure compliance in Accounts Payable processes and provide support for internal & external audits
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of full-cycle Accounts Payable experience
- NetSuite and/or other Accounting ERP systems experience
- Transaction accuracy and process orientation
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Google suite products
- Strong knowledge of systems generally and ability to quickly learn new systems; Concur and NetSuite experience preferred
- Self-starter comfortable working in a demanding environment and be able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to all levels of the company and third parties
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back