Join our gene pool.
Lab Applications Analyst
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
23andMe's Therapeutics team, based in South San Francisco, is committed to discovering and developing new therapies that can offer significant benefits for patients. This dedicated research and development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database, generates lead compounds for these targets and performs preclinical research to advance programs for clinical development. The team currently has research programs across several therapeutic areas, including oncology, skin, respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
The Lab Applications Analyst will join our Therapeutics IT/Informatics team to build, maintain, and support application infrastructure that enables Therapeutics discovery and development. Duties will include requirements gathering, implementation and customization of commercial-off-the-shelf systems used to track lab data, metadata, and documents, integrating these diverse domain-specific databases, and developing custom tools or automation to streamline end user workflows.
What you'll do
- Participate in the implementation and customization of laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and other scientific data capture and document management applications
- Collaborate with Therapeutics discovery and development teams to understand system requirements and document specifications
- Interface with external vendors and 23andMe engineering teams to implement and improve applications
- Integrate Therapeutics applications using off-the-shelf tools or custom programming
- Conduct application IQ/OQ/PQ
- Provide technical assistance and training to end users
- Technical hand-off to the IT Help Desk enabling resolution of routine issues
What you'll bring
- Working knowledge of Python
- Highly organized, proactive and able to work independently
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical end users
- Excellent customer service skills. Must be comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization
- Able to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with software validation or qualification procedures
- Familiarity with relational and/or NoSQL database systems
- Experience using or developing scientific data capture applications, for example: electronic lab notebook (ELN), biological registration or chemical registration systems
- Experience using JAMF, SCCM, or Ansible for application orchestration
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is headquartered in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back