Join our gene pool.
Senior Financial Analyst - Consumer Business
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Who we are
23andMe’s mission is to help individuals and researchers access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health.
Who you are
This is an individual contributor role supporting FP&A responsibilities and deliverables across the Consumer segments of our business. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of FP&A, this is a hands-on position that will be a strategic advisor and partner providing forward-looking insights, critical thinking, finance leadership and cross-functional analytics for the Marketing, Operations, Engineering and Product Groups (collectively, “Consumer”). Come join our growing Finance team!
What You’ll Do
- Strategic planning; work closely with our Consumer partners in planning, forecasting and improving financial and operational performance
- Measuring performance; develop, monitor and improve key performance indicators, highlighting trends and articulate potential abstract findings to key business partners while ensuring adherence to financial policies, procedures, and philosophies of the company
- Process improvement; drive efficiencies and continuous improvement by streamlining, standardizing and automating processes and reporting requirements
- Modeling; ability to create dynamic, articulating financial and operating models with various degrees of sophistication and stakeholder involvement
- Accounting knowledge; able to understand the flow of the three major financial statements (IS, BS, CF) and their constituent accounts, with emphasis on bookings, revenue, cost of sales, inventory, prepaids, deferred revenue/cost, cash/billings, operating expenses, headcount and capital
- Financial insight and reporting; responsible for preparing financial reporting deliverables (BOD, month-end, departmental, and ad-hoc) to enable transparency into the organization’s performance and drivers
- Information conduit; act as knowledge and relationship bridge across the organization, bringing together broader, disparate pieces of data and distilling them to concise, actionable points
- Executive presence; be comfortable interacting with individuals across all levels of the organization, in individual or group settings, and with a high degree of tact
What You’ll Bring
- 6+ years of relevant FP&A experience in high-growth organizations, with emphasis on consumer-facing activities; experience in Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, and/or corporate finance preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA preferred
- Exceptional grasp of forecasting methods and techniques
- Experience handling P&Ls and margin-based businesses, forecasting operating units and revenue, as well as strong working knowledge of revenue recognition rules
- Strong financial acumen across the broad organization (e.g., understanding of financial statements, GAAP vs. non-GAAP vs. management reporting, chart of accounts, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, and able to navigate and manipulate large data sets; NetSuite, Host Analytics, Concur, Workday experience preferred
- Ability to work independently with limited direction and supervision, within a complex and changing environment to drive delivery of solutions
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills, detail-oriented and organized with the highest standards of accuracy and precision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the capability to articulate complex financial information in an easy-to-understand format and can anticipate executive-/board-level audience perspective in financial communications
- Client-focused; ability to provide performance-management insights to aid functional leadership in decision-making
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.