Join our gene pool.
Research & Science
Senior Biostatistics Scientist – Genetics Platform Analytics
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Join 23andMe in our mission to be the world's trusted source of personal genetic information. We are seeking an outstanding senior biostatistics scientist who wants to challenge and push the boundaries of technology and science.
Work on the largest research database of microarray genotype data in the world. Design and optimize content for 23andMe’s genotyping platform. Collaborate with stakeholders across the company to satisfy both consumer product and research content applications.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Coordinate the design and delivery of microarray content through a complex manufacturing process
- Ensure the continuity of microarray performance over time
- Develop new algorithms and employ machine learning to improve the scope and accuracy of 23andMe’s genotyping platform
- Analyze historical data to identify probe quality issues and solutions
- Work with operations, regulatory, and quality teams to demonstrate and maintain the analytical validity of our assay
- Collaborate with top-tier researchers and data scientists
- Develop in-house tools to support team efficiency
- Provide guidance and feedback to junior team members
What you'll bring
- PhD in Biostatistics or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years postgraduate industry experience
- Expert knowledge of Illumina microarray genotyping technologies
- Proficiency with Python programming language
- Strong working knowledge of statistics and experimental design
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back