Join our gene pool.
Office of the CEO
Executive Assistant, Office of the CEO
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Manage the CEO’s calendar, travel, and email as the primary functions of the role.
- Own CEO’s 23andMe and personal calendar.
- Own CEO’s 23andMe and personal travel.
- Obtain, create and print CEO’s daily schedule and all related materials for meetings, including agendas, backgrounders and other information.
- Own daily management and prioritizing of CEO’s email.
- Operate systems to keep information flowing for the Office of the CEO.
- Prepare and send daily updates to the CEO with reminders and questions
- High level of communication required with family office to ensure all details and actions are relayed in a timely manner.
- Own Office of the CEO administrative tasks.
- Provide administrative support and management of executive team meetings and offsites, including send the VP executive weekly updates, prepare weekly executive team materials, OKRs and other tasks as needed by the team.
- Own office management functions, including sort daily mail, order supplies and snacks, pick up daily lunch, initiate dial-ins and set-up A/V for meetings, scheduling support and other office-related tasks to support the team.
- Create and submit expense reports for CEO and manage approval requests.
- Act as back-up to other assistants, which may include taking notes in meetings and following-up on action items.
- Handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform administrative tasks as needed and other related duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring
- Minimum 10-15 years of relevant work experience supporting a C-level executive
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills, while maintaining a sense of urgency
- Ability to problem solve, including to analyze and identify key issues and information
- Strong follow-up skills, including perseverance and creativity to work within an unconventional environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to work independently with little direction and possess a strong sense of ownership of role and responsibilities
- Willingness to participate in all levels of administrative support duties; whatever it takes to get the job done with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated dependability; ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies and accept new challenges
- Knowledge of health industry strongly preferred
- Full time, with flexibility to work after hours and on weekends as necessary
- Some travel may be required over time
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back