Join our gene pool.
Scientist, Computational Biology
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
23andMe, the leading consumer genetics company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. We are seeking an exceptional computational biologist to join our cross-functional Therapeutics team focused on discovery and development of novel therapeutic agents. You will have the opportunity to work on the world’s largest collection of phenotype and genetic data to help the team identify novel predictive/prognostic biomarkers and drug targets.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to ongoing therapeutic development programs by analyzing clinically relevant disease subtypes to help understand the mechanisms of action of our targets/drugs and identify predictive and prognostic genetic biomarkers.
- Lead the effort to identify, evaluate and curate public genetic and genomics data related to disease subtypes and drug response.
- Design/implement novel methods and tools to analyze human genetic and genomic data for both biomarker and target discovery.
- Work collaboratively with biomarker scientists, drug discovery scientists, computational biologists, statistical geneticists, and drug development scientists and clinicians.
What you’ll bring
- Ph.D. in Computational Biology, Statistics, Computer Science or a related quantitative field
- 1-5 years' post-Ph.D. experience, reflecting a strong record of achievement either through publications or successful biotech/pharmaceutical industry accomplishments in health sciences or drug development
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively especially to non-specialists
- Ability to work well on cross-functional teams
- Experience developing robust data analysis software in R and/or Python
- Expertise in several of the following: RNAseq, WES/WGS, mass spectrometry, regression modeling, and/or machine learning
- Understanding and expertise in human genetics, GWAS, fine mapping, QTLs
- Knowledge of biology in at least one disease-relevant area (e.g., immunology, oncology, metabolic or cardiovascular disease, etc.)
- Knowledge/experience in biomarkers
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.