Join our gene pool.
Software Engineer - Growth
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who you are
Join our growing Engineering team and enjoy a collaborative environment with small project teams working on a variety of tasks, centered upon web and application development.
You will be part of a cross-functional marketing, product, engineering, and data analysis team, focusing on distilling, conveying, and exposing the value of our products to our customers. You are passionately data-driven and analytical. You are energized by growth, metrics, and bring an experimental mindset to problem solving.
What you'll do
- Help define and refine a predictable, repeatable, and scalable growth process
- Quickly identify, prioritize, and launch MVP experiments, collect data, evaluate results, then iterate
- Pragmatically design and implement new features and frameworks
- Advocate and advance extensive automated testing
- Create solutions that scale to our millions of customers
- Work directly with Product, Design, and Marketing
- Eliminate unnecessary process
What you'll bring
- Minimum 2+ years of industry experience, including real-world experience delivering production-quality code
- BS in computer science, engineering, statistics, or related work experience. Masters a plus
- Prior Growth Engineering experience
- Working knowledge of Python, data pipelines and/or significant exposure to different programming languages and paradigms
- SQL and Data Analysis experience
- Experience with full stack web application development
- Understanding of web security and cryptography concepts
- A passion for 23andMe’s efforts to advance genetic research while improving people’s lives
- A team player attitude, comfortable operating in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to deliver well-designed high-quality code on time
- Experience with development in the AWS ecosystem
- Experience with modern front-end technologies, especially React
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back