Join our gene pool.
Senior Software Engineer - Distributed Computing
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Build and maintain large scale data processing pipelines to power cutting edge genetic research for our consumer product
- We believe the best products and services are built with a full-team mindset, so our engineers are involved every step of the way and you’ll work closely with your fellow developers to own development end-to-end. This means participating in high-level requirements gathering with users, technical design and feedback gathering all the way through development, deployment, and maintenance of the services we build
- Work closely with researchers and product managers to uncover and build the best products and services possible
What you’ll bring
- Several years of direct experience building and optimizing large scale, distributed compute and storage pipelines
- A demonstrated track record of shipping complex and high-quality products and services
- A degree in Computer Science (preferred) or related engineering field
- Direct experience working with our technology stack AWS, Spark, Python, and C/C++
- An advanced degree (MS/PhD) in Computer Science or related engineering field
- Experience leading small groups of developers
- A strong interest in biology and genetics
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back