Join our gene pool.
Corporate Development Associate
Mountain View, CA, United States
We are seeking an exceptional Corporate Development Associate to help review and identify trends and their impact on 23andMe’s business. This role will report into the 23andMe Business Development & Alliances team and be responsible for conducting market landscape research, competitive analysis, reviews of business opportunities, and creation of strategic recommendations, and both internal and external relationship building. The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of experience in healthcare consulting, investment banking, or private equity, with experience providing industry and company research, and financial analysis.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Conduct industry and market analyses in support of strategic management decisions, including review of commercial opportunities, market landscape reviews, partner/build/buy analyses, and development of executive presentations
- Maintain databases of prospective companies and competitors across multiple areas of interest
- Actively identify, source, and meet with healthcare start-ups to identify trends and source potential partners, either directly or on behalf of leadership
- Support business development deal execution, including development of purchase structures and deal terms with financial and strategic analysis
- Respond to research requests from CEO, including company analysis and competitive assessments.
- Understand and be a source of critical information on the competitive landscape and industry offerings
- Track and report quarterly performance and announcements of publicly traded healthcare and health-tech companies of interest
- Research and attend relevant industry conferences (e.g. JPM Healthcare Conference)
- Prepare the CEO for selected external meetings, including relevant market and company analysis
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's degree with a strong academic record
- 2 - 4 years of experience in healthcare consulting, investment banking or private equity
- Strong knowledge of the pharmaceutical/biotech and/or digital health industry
- Excellent communication (interpersonal, oral and written) and teamwork skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills, with rigorous attention to detail as well as strategic thinking
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Organized, self-starter, and ability to adjust to quickly changing landscape in consumer genetics
- Passionate about health, science, and wellness
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.