Join our gene pool.
Therapeutics - South San Francisco, CA
Scientific Researcher / Sr. Scientific Researcher, Biology (Immunology)
South San Francisco, CA, United States
Who we are
Genetic testing makes it possible for each of us to understand our bodies in ways that were unimaginable only ten years ago. 23andMe continues to lead the way in making this information accessible, understandable and actionable for our customers, most of whom have consented to participate in research. This consumer-driven research model is powered by a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information that has the potential to improve human health through advances in genomics.
23andMe's Therapeutics team is committed to discovering and developing new therapies that can offer significant benefits for patients. This dedicated research and development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database, generates lead compounds for these targets and performs preclinical research to advance programs for clinical development. The team currently has research programs across several therapeutic areas, including oncology, skin, respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
We are seeking an outstanding Scientific Researcher or Sr. Scientific Researcher to join a collaborative, cross-functional research team involved in the discovery of novel therapeutic targets. Successful candidates will be independent and creative researchers with a high degree of analytical and troubleshooting skills.
What you'll do
- Design, validate, and implement biochemical and cell-based assays to support therapeutic candidate selection and development
- Assist with in vivo disease model characterization
- Interpret, record and present complex biological data
- Communicate effectively and collaborate with other colleagues
We hope you have
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in biological sciences or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience conducting laboratory research in an industry or academic setting
- Hands-on experience with cell and biochemical assays, molecular biology, and mammalian cell culture techniques
- Critical thinking with high degree of innovative and analytical skills
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
Note: Job title level will be commensurate with experience and academic credentials.
- Monoclonal antibody therapeutics drug discovery experience
- Experience with primary cell isolation, tissue collection, histology, immunofluorescence, and microscopy
- Experience with operating a flow cytometer and flow cytometry-based experimental design and analysis
- Transgenic and surgical rodent disease model experience
- Industry experience
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://mediacenter.23andme.com/therapeutics/.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.