Join our gene pool.
Senior Visual Designer
Mountain View, CA, United States
The 23andMe DNA Studios is a growing team of passionate creative thinkers, makers, and doers dedicated to bringing creative excellence to 23andMe’s marketing efforts, including product marketing, brand campaigns, social initiatives and user education. We are on a mission to create beautifully crafted content, stories, and experiences that capture the voice, tone and spirit of 23andMe’s unique brand.
We believe deciphering the human genome is the most exciting scientific discovery of our lifetime. (A secret code in each of us!) We also believe the more we learn about our DNA, the more we learn about ourselves. Every customer interaction we have, every data point we collect -- the goal is not only to change the way people see their DNA but to change the way they live their lives.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Oversee 2-3 creatives at any given time.
- Oversee multiple projects and timelines and provide creative strategies facilitate creative excellence.
- Articulate ideas and communicate proactively with a cross-functional team.
- Be a thinker, a maker and a doer who actively seeks out ways to shape the creative DNA of our brand in everything we do.
- Actively seek out new ways to help grow and shape our creative outputs and culture.
- Play an ongoing role in the development guidelines and design systems and advocate the consistent application of design standards across experiences.
- Work on multiple projects in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
What you’ll bring
- 7-10 years of experience in an integrated marketing design-related field at a design/interactive agency or in-house team.
- Experience managing and guiding junior resources
- A portfolio that demonstrates a range of work, a compelling design perspective and a clean aesthetic.
- Attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- High energy and positive attitude.
- Self-starter who can proactively help facilitate the growth of a larger vision within the team.
- Proficient with industry standard design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision, Principle)
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally in a team environment to deliver high-quality outputs, while advocating for visual design and brand consistency
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.