Join our gene pool.
Therapeutics - South San Francisco, CA
South San Francisco, CA, United States
Who we are
Genetic testing makes it possible for each of us to understand our bodies in ways that were unimaginable only ten years ago. 23andMe continues to lead the way in making this information accessible, understandable and actionable for our customers, most of whom have consented to participate in research. This consumer-driven research model is powered by a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information that has the potential to improve human health through advances in genomics.
23andMe's Therapeutics team is committed to discovering and developing new therapies that can offer significant benefits for patients. This dedicated research and development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database, generates lead compounds for these targets and performs preclinical research to advance programs for clinical development. The team currently has research programs across several therapeutic areas, including oncology, skin, respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
We are seeking an outstanding Scientist to join a collaborative, cross-functional research team responsible for validation of drug targets and discovery of drug compounds. Successful candidates will be independent and creative researchers with the ability to lead focused teams and early research programs in the Immuno-Oncology or cardiometabolic disease area.
What you'll do
- Development and execution of in vitro assays and in vivo models in the Immuno-Oncology or cardiometabolic disease area for lead compound identification and validation
- Contribution to new drug target evaluation and drug discovery preclinical and clinical development strategy
- Lead cross-functional project teams
- Supervision of one or more Scientific Researchers
We hope you have
- PhD in Biological Sciences
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in basic research or drug discovery
- Exceptional laboratory skills with demonstrated proficiency in molecular biology, biochemistry, and in vitro cell-based functional assays
- Proven track record via high quality publications and/or patent applications
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment
- Drug discovery experience in the field of Immuno-Oncology or cardiometabolic disease area
- Experience managing people
- Experience leading cross-disciplinary project teams
- Industry experience
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://mediacenter.23andme.com/therapeutics/.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.