Join our gene pool.
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Who you are
23andMe's product organization is looking for a highly collaborative Product Designer to work across our product experience. At 23andMe, design plays a pivotal role in how people think about genetics, ancestry, health, and lifestyle. You will help build engaging and personalized features that empower individuals to gain insight into and take action on their personal genetic information.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding
What you’ll do
- Create experiences from concept to launch including user flows, wireframes, visual mockups, interaction prototypes, specs for engineering hand-off
- Partner with designers, product managers, content strategists, UX researchers, and developers
- Actively seek out information, dig into details, understand technical limitations, work with UX research to test concepts, and product managers to monitor A/B tests to optimize and iterate on your designs
- Create illustrations and interactions that simplify complex concepts into interesting and consumer-friendly visualizations and experiences
- Use strong communication skills to present, articulate design recommendations and decisions within cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Work within and contribute to our design guidelines and system
- Actively seek out new ways to help grow and shape our creative output and culture
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of experience in product design, interaction design, or service design across multiple platforms on shipped consumer products
- A portfolio that demonstrates a range of work, a compelling perspective, your design process, and a personal aesthetic (website or PDF with at least one case study or prototype)
- Strong knowledge of design principles, user experience, interaction, and visual design, standards and best practices for responsive web and native mobile apps
- Experience collaborating in cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality work while advocating for visual design, brand, and user experience consistency
- Passion for working on a wide range of projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using data and user research to inform decisions for consumer features
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back