What will you be empowered to do?
IT & Security
Lab Systems Administrator/Sr. Systems Administrator
South San Francisco, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a Lab Systems Administrator/Sr. Systems Administrator who will be joining the lab services team to support our Therapeutics discovery and development. During our roll out of the Benchling platform, the Lab Systems Administrator/Sr. Systems Administrator will be a key contributor to the successful implementation of Benchling across Therapeutics. Additional duties will also include maintaining and supporting our existing lab information systems.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Participate in the implementation and configuration of laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and other scientific data capture applications
- Collaborate with Therapeutics discovery and development teams to gather system requirements
- Convert requirements into notebook templates, registry shemas, and request workflows in Benchling that will boost scientist productivity and ensure consistent data capture
- Document functional and configuration specifications
- Provide ongoing administrative support for lab applications including account provisioning, access management, and adjusting user defined fields
- Monitor usage of Benchling and other applications and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Provide technical assistance and training for end users. Contribute work instructions and knowledge base articles that can be referenced by end users.
- Hand-off technical information to the corporate IT Help Desk to enable the Help Desk to resolve routine technical issues
- Work with vendor services and support teams to implement new features and resolve issues
What You'll Bring
- 4 year degree in Biology, Information Technology, or related discipline. Or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical, or related industry
- Experience maintaining, supporting, or using LIMS, electronic lab notebook, biological or chemical registry, or sample management system
- Demonstrated understanding of laboratory operations in a research and development lab
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to both scientific and non-scientific staff
- Familiarity with software validation or qualification procedures
- Python or SQL competency
- Experience working as a lab scientist or technician
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back