What will you be empowered to do?
SEO Marketing Manager
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Our new SEO Marketing Manager will direct SEO efforts for our consumer focused public websites, managing cross functional projects from investigation to completion to drive the 23andMe business. The ideal candidate is an experienced search marketer, who is customer-focused, metrics driven, extremely organized, enthusiastic and constantly seeking ways to optimize performance. Come join our growing 23andMe team!
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who You Are
You are passionate about driving optimizations through organic search and delivering a positive site experience to our customers. You are both strategic and tactical, focused on solutions-driven initiatives while also thinking big. You appreciate how focused teams can collaborate to realize our mission in the world, and have the skills to build and optimize the brand.
You are a clear communicator, but are also a great listener and observer. You get things done. You are mission-driven and passionate about improving health and the category of genetics. You’re empathetic and you want to contribute to something meaningful that truly impacts peoples’ lives, and you’re not afraid to question the status quo to make it happen.
What You’ll Do
- Manage effective marketing strategies and key initiatives to optimize organic search for our public facing website.
- Meet the 23andMe financial plan through setting SEO performance goals and delivering sales.
- Manage the tactical SEO activities: writing up project requests and specifications, collaboration with design team and copy, legal and regulatory review process, investigating engineering development time, project tracking and communication.
- Ensure all site updates to our US and international locale web sites (e.g. product launches, seasonal initiatives, new site functionality, etc) are carried out with SEO best practices in mind.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams on campaigns and projects from ideation to execution through to ongoing optimization; manage effective communication and partnership with these teams including engineering, product, customer care, research, legal and regulatory.
- Motivate and manage our agency and contract partners to create proposals, ensure smooth execution, and advance the brand and ecommerce business.
- Manage analysis, sharing communication and documentation of channel insights on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate project prioritization with engineering and negotiate with other stakeholders.
- Empower others to become SEO advocates through education and data.
What You'll Bring
- Demonstrated track record of SEO growth, utilizing analytics to measure performance, provide strategic recommendations and improvements
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on multiple deadlines and priorities compulsively as a self-directed person, comfortable with a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Highly organized and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills, including work prioritization, planning, and task delegation
- Experience communicating and presenting to senior management
- Intuition for customer-facing messaging and branding
- Competency in web and business analytics tools and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A passion for health and healthcare with knowledge that there is a better way
- A passion for helping people and improving lives, globally
- 3-5 years of performance marketing experience, agency or brand-side
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or digital agency experience preferred.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back