What will you be empowered to do?
Sr. Associate Scientist, Antibody Engineering
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who We Are
23andMe, the leading consumer genetics and research company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team in South San Francisco leverages this data to discover and develop new treatments that can offer significant benefits for patients with serious, unmet medical needs.
This dedicated research and drug development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database and performs preclinical research to advance programs towards clinical development. We currently have programs across several therapeutic areas, including but not limited to oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
We are seeking an outstanding Sr. Associate Scientist to contribute to the generation, characterization, and engineering of antibodies across the Therapeutics portfolio.
What You'll Do
- Execute antibody engineering to improve desired properties for therapeutic development using molecular biology approaches including phage display and mutagenesis. Responsibilities will also include the design, optimization, and characterization of bispecific antibodies
- Perform antibody expression, purification, characterization, and biophysical analysis in high-throughput manner
- Support large-scale antibody sequence and structural model analysis
- Collaborate with therapeutic leads to plan the strategy around antibody discovery and optimization engineering
- Interpret, record and present complex biological data
- Communicate and collaborate with other colleagues effectively
What You'll Bring
- Ph.D. with 2+ years of research experience in molecular biology, protein engineering, antibody engineering, biochemistry, structural biology or related field OR Master's/ Bachelor's with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience and a track record of accomplishments and publications
- General knowledge and understanding of therapeutic antibody discovery and development
- Technical expertise in wide range of molecular biology and protein engineering techniques, including PCR, mutagenesis, molecular cloning, construct design, and bioinformatics tools
- Expertise in antibody expression (mammalian) and purification (affinity and SEC), protein interaction characterization (ELISA, BIAcore, Octet) and DNA/protein sequence analysis
- Hands-on experience in mammalian and bacterial cell culture
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Critical thinking with high degree of innovative and analytical skills
- Industry experience in antibody and protein engineering research
- Working knowledge of B cell biology and antibody biology
- Experience with display technologies (phage or yeast)
- Working knowledge of the bispecific antibody molecular format designs and optimization
- Working knowledge of automation or liquid handlers
- Experience in large scale sequence informatics and bioinformatic analysis
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back