What will you be empowered to do?
Associate Project Manager, Therapeutics
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who We Are
23andMe, the leading consumer genetics and research company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team in South San Francisco leverages this data to discover and develop new treatments that can offer significant benefits for patients with serious, unmet medical needs.
This dedicated research and drug development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database and performs preclinical research to advance programs towards clinical development. We currently have programs across several therapeutic areas, including but not limited to oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
We are seeking an enthusiastic an Associate Project Manager to join our team to help manage our Therapeutics programs and pan-portfolio operational projects. This role will report to the Senior Portfolio and Project Manager.
What You’ll Do
- With guidance from the Senior Portfolio & Project Manager, track project and portfolio updates and develop reports in a concise manner for key stakeholders.
- Support the implementation and rollout of new tools and processes.
- Help with the development and maintenance of functionally integrated project timelines and ensure accurate inputs are provided by all functional leads.
- Collaborate with project team members to ensure project deliverables are achieved within the established scope, timeline, and budget.
- Support tracking of project team budgets and monitoring identified project risks.
- Attend project team meetings and support/lead one or more sub-teams.
- Help draft meeting agendas and minutes, follow up on status of action items.
- Ensure portfolio & project information is appropriately stored and documented.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's or Master's in Life Sciences
- High attention-to-detail with a strong sense of urgency, as illustrated through past assignments and accomplishments
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, sets goals and meets deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with individuals of diverse backgrounds and experience levels
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Smartsheet or other project management software/tools
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-functional teams
- PhD in Life Sciences or other advanced degree
- Prior internship or pharma/biotech industry experience
- Project management certification
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back