What will you be empowered to do?
Strategic Planning & Analytics
Product Data Scientist
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is seeking an experienced Product Data Scientist to join our Analytics team. We're looking for someone with excellent analytical skills and a great track record applying them to improve the consumer experience. In this role you will partner directly with the Product team to help identify opportunity areas, scope business problems, and move the business forward using data and analysis.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Customer engagement: Our goal is to provide a high-value, dynamic experience that delights our customers. You will play a key role by analyzing customer behavior, designing experiments, and helping our team build awesome, data-driven products.
- Growth: what factors influence sales and referrals of our DNA kit? How can we bring 23andMe+ (our subscription service) to more customers and create the best possible experience for our subscribers?
- Product/customer measurement strategy: Identify key success metrics and opportunities to enhance the product experience that align with our strategic and financial goals. Help Product Managers with opportunity sizing for new initiatives.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and the broader Analytics team to identify and develop long-term solutions to common data needs throughout the Product organization.
Our team culture is respectful and collaborative; we place a lot of emphasis on mentorship and growth both within the Analytics team and with our business partners. Strong SQL and R skills are a must for this role (we do not use Python for our analytical code) and experience with Shiny and Google Analytics is a significant plus. If you think you would be a good fit we'd love to hear from you!
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of industry work experience as a senior analyst or data scientist
- B.S. in statistics, mathematics, business or a related field.
- Skilled in R and SQL. Google Analytics, tidyverse, Git, Python and AWS are a plus.
- Excellent communication skills; this role requires regular interaction with business partners across the company.
- An analytical mindset; you will champion data-driven decision making and help the product team identify areas of opportunity to drive business value.
- Strong data visualization skills.
- An online sample of your analytical and/or data visualization abilities is greatly appreciated.
Note: For this position, we are looking for Bay Area local candidates only.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back