What will you be empowered to do?
IT & Security
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Sunnyvale, California, United States
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at 23andMe you will be responsible for building and maintaining the cloud infrastructure that meets our organization's technology standards. In this role, you will work with a variety of teams to enable and support secure practices in software development, data processing, and information exchange.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Design, build, & extend 23andMe’s cloud infrastructure, monitoring, & security platforms.
- Automate everything from infrastructure deployments to security remediations.
- Work closely with 23andMe engineers, Lemonaid Health engineers, lab operations, data platform engineering, and our security operations center to build secure-by-default solutions.
- Participate in team workshops where we learn new technologies together. Constantly learning and growing is a team goal — and we schedule this during work hours.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years working in tech
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Cloud (AWS) experience:
- An understanding of cloud security attacks and hardening techniques.
- A deep understanding of AWS IAM and Resource policies and how to approach least privilege in AWS.
- Experience with cloud networking (VPCs, subnets, routes, loggers, proxies, nat gateways, internet gateways, endpoints, Transit Gateway, etc)
- Understanding of how to build and harden AMIs based on Amazon Linux 2 (AL2) and automation to share that across the AWS Organization.
- Experience configuring AWS Backup and disaster recovery for a large AWS Organization.
- Automation experience:
- An understanding of CI/CD systems such as Drone and Jenkins.
- Automation in AWS with Terraform (85%) and CloudFormation (15%). Terragrunt and Python are a huge bonus.
- Hands-on experience with container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes or ECS
- A passion for logging, monitoring, and alerting solutions (New Relic, SumoLogic, etc.).
- Experience using Hashicorp Vault for managing secrets.
- Experience with AWS Configuration security monitoring tools.
- Experience writing CloudCustodian (c7n) policies to detect and auto-remediate cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with or the ability to quickly come up to speed with AWS Athena for processing S3 server access logs.
Note: While our team is based in Sunnyvale, CA this position is open to remote work, and we will consider exceptional candidates throughout the United States.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
Note: While our team is based in Sunnyvale, CA this position is open to remote work, and we will consider exceptional candidates throughout the United States.Back