Join our gene pool.
Research & Science
Regulatory Scientist/Sr. Regulatory Scientist, Research Ethics
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a Senior Regulatory Scientist, Research Ethics to join our growing Research Team. You will help develop and execute creative yet rational solutions to complicated regulatory and ethical issues and provide regulatory insight and guidance to our Research Team. Our research program is anything but traditional, so a strong moral compass as well as the desire to negotiate uncharted regulatory waters with our IRB and advise on internal research policy is a must for this position. 23andMe is an incredibly dynamic company, and we are looking for someone who would enjoy the challenge of doing things right while keeping up with our pace.
With the world’s largest database of more than ten million genotyped customers, 23andMe is at the forefront of using human genetics to advance biomedical research and transform healthcare. Join our growing research team in translating genetic discoveries into insights into molecular biology of human traits and diseases.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Prepare complex human subjects research protocols and IRB submissions, gain IRB approval for projects
- Advocate for ethical conduct of research while helping 23andMe to achieve our business goals; collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to find win-win solutions to challenging, nuanced problems
What you’ll bring
- Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in a biomedical or social science
- Advanced working knowledge of federal laws and regulations that relate to the protection of human subjects
- Experience conducting a wide variety of human subjects research, including writing protocols and negotiating approval with IRBs (experience executing approved protocols is valuable, but alone is not sufficient for this position) or direct institutional review experience
- Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic environment with individuals of diverse backgrounds; ability to influence cross-functionally with different departments across the organization
- Ability to apply flexibility of thinking and creative problem solving in order to identify “win-wins” that help 23andMe achieve company and research objectives while still maintaining the highest ethical standards for conducting human subjects research
- Ability to manage, organize, and execute complex projects
- Ability to independently set and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- An open mind, pride in being service-oriented, and comfort with change and ambiguity
- Certified IRB Professional Certification (CIP)
- Working knowledge of statistics and modern human genetics concepts
- Experience in tech and/or biotechnology/pharmaceutical industries
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back