Join our gene pool.
IT & Security
Senior Security Engineer
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for an experienced Security Engineer to join our Enterprise Security team. You will bring critical thinking skills, hands-on experience with Enterprise Security design and the ability to work with and influence cross-functional teams. You will be leveraging your experience and expertise with enterprise security tools and industry best practices to secure our customer data and corporate assets.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Log Management and Event Correlation
- Configure, manage and optimize logging, monitoring, correlation and alerting tools, and the orchestration through a security information and event management (SIEM) solution.
- You will create alerts and dashboards within the environment to detect security events within our SIEM.
- You will ensure that all appropriate logs are added to our SIEM and that they are parsed properly and provide actionable intelligence.
- You will work with peers internal and external to the organization to ensure that the security solutions are functioning properly and providing results to support the security team.
- Threat Hunting and Remediation
- You will review security platforms to detect potential issues and actively respond to the events. This includes but is not limited to:
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention configuration and monitoring.
- Monitor, prioritize and react to signals coming out of our security tools.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solution focusing on PII and Intellectual Property related data.
- Detect and respond: Deploy Threat Intelligence products, develop threat reports, research and respond to potential events.
- Security Architecture and Consulting
- Support the Identity and Access Management including enhancing Privileged Identity Management and Session Management.
- Review firewall configurations and make recommendations for improvements.
- Provide security consulting support throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with our IT and NetOps teams on the implementation and deployment of enterprise-scale security controls technologies.
- Evaluate security technologies; work closely with vendors to ensure timely delivery of products, services, and feature requests.
- Incident Response
- Participate in the Cyber Incident Response Team as a subject matter expert and active responder.
- Identify, assess, and prioritize IT risks to corporate data and systems, including external threats, internal threats, and exposure to third-party vulnerabilities.
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of experience with managing large scale enterprise security infrastructure including security solution design and hands-on engineering; experience managing IDS, IPS, vulnerability management, AV, and SIEM tools.
- You will have strong familiarity with log and monitoring management systems, security event monitoring systems, network-based and host-based intrusion detection systems, firewall technologies, malware detection and enterprise-level antivirus solutions/systems, and encryption standards.
- You are familiar with incident response and event triage and have functional knowledge related to compliance frameworks, standards and assessments such as: ISO 27001, HITRUST, SOC2, PCI, HIPAA, NIST, etc. B.S./M.S. in computer science, engineering, information systems, IT, Information Security, or a related technical field or relevant experience.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back