Join our gene pool.
Senior Manager, Demand Planning & Forecasting
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Reporting to the VP, Consumer Marketing, the Senior Manager, Demand Planning and Forecasting is a critical role that is partly strategic, influencing and driving the growth plan for the consumer business, and partly tactical, managing the sales demand forecast and analyzing the performance of sales and marketing strategies.
As the Senior Manager, Demand Planning and Forecasting, you’ll create the consumer business’ annual sales plan and make short-term adjustments using top down and bottoms up forecasting, bringing together data insights and business judgment. You’ll be well versed in the downstream financial ramifications of changes in the forecast and communicate them succinctly to senior level management.
You’ll be a results-oriented self-starter who can break-down complex concepts into executive level insights and tactical execution plan. You’ll use a data-informed approach to analyze the performance of marketing initiatives and recommend actions to capitalize on opportunities for growth. Part analyst, part operator, and dedicated project manager, you can think both strategically and tactically, bringing together a deep understanding of finance, marketing, data analytics, and business intelligence.
In this highly visible role, you’ll be making presentations for the executive level audiences and presenting to senior leadership. You’ll thrive under pressure and can work quickly, effectively, and without error in a fast-paced environment. You’re also humble, hardworking, and can collaborate laterally and vertically across the organization. You’ll find pride in driving the direction of the consumer business and feeling the immediate impact of your work.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding
What you'll do
- Sales Planning and Forecasting - Create sales demand forecasts for the consumer acquisition business, including annual plans and quarterly re-forecasts, working closely with the VP of Marketing and Finance team. Understand and effectively articulate the financial impact of changes in the forecasts on both non-GAAP and GAAP basis.
- Pricing, Promotional, and Growth Strategy - Support the VP of Marketing in defining pricing and promotional strategies for core consumer services. Bring data-informed insights and business acumen to assess and measure the success of growth initiatives.
- Executive Level Presentations - Create executive-level reporting for the acquisition business, including but not limited to sales bookings, subscriptions, media, and lifecycle marketing.
- Marketing ROI - Partner with the Analytics and Media teams to design marketing testing plans, measure the success of marketing campaigns, and identify opportunities and challenges for growth and profitability.
- Business Analytics Support - Provide ongoing business analyses support to Marketing leadership including the Directors of Growth, Media, and Product Marketing for critical acquisition initiatives and ongoing performance measurement.
What you'll bring
- 6-10+ years of experience in a blend of management consulting (2+ years) and business operations or strategic finance role in a technology start-up (2+ years), preferably with e-commerce, healthcare or wellness brands
- Advanced financial modeling experience in Excel, ideally with sales forecasting
- Experience managing multiple concurrent time-sensitive projects and/or business analyses under pressure and in unstructured environment
- Experience influencing and driving executive level decision-making based on data-informed business insights
- Experience in explaining complex, technical, and/or financial concepts to executive level audience, both verbally and in presentations
- BA/BS degree in a technical field; MBA a plus
- Practical experience writing SQL queries with complex data relationships
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back