What will you be empowered to do?
Research & Science
Research Associate, Research Ethics
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is seeking a talented research associate to support the regulatory efforts of 23andMe’s Human Research Protection Program (HRPP). This person will join a team of Regulatory Scientists and will assist with the IRB submissions of research protocols, manage project-tracking systems, and contribute to compliance-related activities. This is an exciting opportunity to learn about the ethical and regulatory components of the personal genomics industry and take an active role in the protection of research participants who are contributing to ground-breaking genetics research.
With the world’s largest database of more than ten million genotyped customers, 23andMe is at the forefront of using human genetics to advance biomedical research and transform healthcare. Join our growing research team in translating genetic discoveries into insights into molecular biology of human traits and diseases.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You’ll Do
- Draft research study documents and assist in project management activities related to team initiatives and IRB submissions
- Assist with regulatory and policy compliance tasks for research-related materials, for example, auditing study surveys, reviewing recruitment materials and activities, etc
- Manage project tracking system (using existing tools such as Atlassian JIRA)
- Maintain documentation control and archiving systems
- Assist with drafting internal procedures, guidance documents, and trainings related to the protection of human subjects in research
- Work with teams such as Legal, Privacy, Engineering, and Product to support cross-functional initiatives
- Perform other related duties as assigned including cross-team assignments within the Research Department
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree plus equivalent work experience
- Understanding of ethical principles of research, including familiarity with IRBs
- Strong desire to learn about and apply research regulations
- Relentless attention to detail as demonstrated through previous administrative, legal, or compliance experience
- Ability to manage sensitive information
- Strong analytical, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to be proactive and independent; flexible in the face of evolving priorities
- Excellent communication skills with experience communicating with diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Passion for research ethics and/or bioethics as demonstrated by coursework or previous work experience
- Familiarity with project management tools and software (such as Atlassian JIRA)
- Experience preparing or reviewing submissions to IRBs/ethical review committees
- 1-2 years experience in biomedical, clinical, or social/behavioral research preferred
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you. #LI-JNH1