What will you be empowered to do?
Research & Science
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is seeking a talented Research Associate to join our team. This person will be responsible for supporting a variety of research projects to improve our genetic understanding of a specific disease or population. This will involve supporting research participant recruitment, enrollment and engagement and other dynamic aspects of project execution. As needed, this person may also support other programs supported by the program management team. Accordingly, the individual would possess a diverse set of skills and interests, including excellent written and verbal communication abilities, superb organizational and collaboration skills, and a real passion for working with research participants. Facility with coding is a plus. This is an exciting opportunity to learn about the personal genomics industry while contributing to ground-breaking genetics research.
With the world’s largest database of more than ten million genotyped customers, 23andMe is at the forefront of using human genetics to advance biomedical research and transform healthcare. Join our growing research team in translating genetic discoveries into insights into molecular biology of human traits and diseases.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with colleagues in research, therapeutics, marketing, engineering, product, business development, and customer care to develop and implement recruitment, enrollment, and engagement strategies.
- Take meeting minutes, track action items, organize documentation, issue compensation to research participants, track study metrics, and route study materials for stakeholder approval and IRB submission
- Serve as a patient/participant liaison: communicate with research participants by phone and/or email to address concerns and facilitate research study participation; investigate and resolve participant issues.
- Conduct eligibility screening for research studies.
- Develop and maintain web-based interfaces for participant recruitment and enrollment
- Communicate relevant issues and progress to multiple partners and project leads.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring
- BS in Biology or related discipline or equivalent work experience required; background in genetics is prefer
- 1+ years postgraduate experience in health-related research is preferred
- 1+ years experience in customer-facing or patient-facing role
- Ability to demonstrate patience and empathy while expertly resolving sensitive inquiries from research participants with diverse backgrounds
- Ability to plan for, track, and prioritize disparate tasks across multiple projects
- Committed attention to detail and timelines
- Ability to be proactive and independent, and also flexible in the face of evolving priorities
- Experience communicating with diverse stakeholders
- Friendly, flexible and a phenomenal teammate; creative thinker and problem solver
- Exceptional dedication to customer service and quality
- Experience with Python, HTML, version control or command line basics is a plus; demonstrated interest in learning to code is preferred
- Answers to the following should be included in your cover letter:
- Share three adjectives you would use to describe yourself?
- Describe a time when you have dealt with a challenging interpersonal situation
- Why are you interested in this position?
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.