What will you be empowered to do?
Principal Product Designer
Sunnyvale, California, United States
At 23andMe, design plays a pivotal role in how people think about genetics, ancestry, health, and lifestyle. Considering every detail, you will help facilitate the creation of highly imaginative, intuitive, beautiful experiences and, above all else, experiences that empower individuals to gain insight into and take action on their personal genetic information. Our multidisciplinary design organization is looking for a Principle Platform Designer with a focus on interactive design, information architecture, and product cohesion.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Advocate for the user - Understand the needs of the users, learn what's possible and challenge the impossible.
- Collaborate - Simplify concepts into exciting and engaging experiences collaborating with your peers, partners, and stakeholders.
- Lead - You will be a leader in design through best practices, attention to detail, and sometimes non-traditional thinking to ensure the impact of the work. You will help drive forward the overall design strategy and foster the design culture at 23andMe.
- Execute - Work closely with the Design Director to develop and execute interactive systems, including but not limited to; accessibility, information architecture, user interface, animation, and end-to-end product lifecycle.
- Communicate - Articulate recommendations and decisions through designs sketches, wireframes, high-fidelity comps, interactive prototypes, and specifications that improve the user experience, supporting design systems, various platforms and overall creative process.
- Craft - Contribute to the design team’s culture through never-ending curiosity, refinement, and excitement of our craft creatively transforming problems into additive solutions.
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of work experience in design with a proven ability to recognize and stay ahead of design trends.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates compelling interactive design work, showcasing a perspective on the creative process and aesthetic.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams delivering high-quality work while advocating for design, brand, research, and user experience continuity.
- Proficiencies in one or more of the following software applications: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, Principle, Unity, Xcode, and Cinema 4D.
- Ability to pivot through creative problem-solving.
- Genuine passion for health, science, and education.
- Bachelor's Degree in HCI, Graphic Design, Media Arts or similar.
- Experience working on other platforms like TV, Wearables, Hardware etc.
- Prototyping or animation experience.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back