What will you be empowered to do?
Therapeutics - Drug Discovery
Sr. Scientist I/II, in vivo Pharmacology
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who We Are
23andMe, the leading consumer genetics and research company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team in South San Francisco leverages this data to discover and develop new treatments that can offer significant benefits for patients with serious, unmet medical needs.
This dedicated research and drug development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database and performs preclinical research to advance programs towards clinical development. We currently have programs across several therapeutic areas, including but not limited to oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
We are seeking an exceptional Senior Scientist to join a collaborative, cross-functional team responsible for the biological characterization of drug targets and the preclinical development of drug compounds. Successful candidates will bring hands-on experience in rodent disease models and PK, PD, and toxicology studies.
What You'll Do
- Design and conduct in vivo studies to support therapeutic drug development in disease models as well as in PK, PD, and toxicology studies
- Develop and validate new in vivo models as required
- Develop and implement novel animal models and technologies
- Interpret, record, and present complex biological data
- Serve as the in vivo lead on project teams
- Manage, train and develop junior scientists
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring
- PhD in biological sciences
- Minimum of 10 years' post-graduate work experience in in vivo pharmacology research or drug discovery in immunolog, immuno-oncology, or oncology
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively on multiple projects, concurrently
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills with the ability to build effective relationships with cross-functional teams
- Experience in managing, mentoring, and developing others
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Scientific training in immunology or oncology
- Drug discovery experience in the field of immuno-oncology or oncology
- Experience planning IND-enabling studies and preparing reports
- Experience managing external collaboration partners or CROs
- Proven track record via high quality publications and/or patent applications
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back