What will you be empowered to do?
South San Francisco, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a motivated and highly organized Buyer to support R&D supplies and equipment purchasing for our Therapeutics team.
You will collaborate with our Lab Operations, Quality, Facilities and Workplace Experience, Finance, Legal and Scientific teams to procure and ensure timely delivery of critical R&D supplies and equipment in support of 23andMe research. Specifically, you will help implement our R&D supplies category strategy, executing on procurement recommendations with the Therapeutics Senior Buyer. Your work will be performed in accordance with 23andMe’s Procure-to-Pay (P2P) policies and standard procurement process. The key to your success will be the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships across the organization and with key R&D supplies vendors and maintain a strong customer service mindset. You will report directly to the Senior Manager, Therapeutics Strategic Sourcing.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with the Therapeutics Strategic Sourcing Manager to develop, execute, and monitor the category strategy for R&D supplies.
- Provide purchasing support through specifications refinement, soliciting quotations, PO generation and order placement for R&D supplies and equipment.
- Liaise with the Finance team to support payment of invoices and resolve invoice issues.
- Partner with the Quality team to ensure appropriate vendor due diligence and oversight.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key vendors and leverage relationships to identify cost savings opportunities.
- Support vendor management efforts, including participation in regular business reviews and monitoring of key performance metrics.
- Provide/support ERP system training for new hires.
- Serve as a back-up to other Therapeutics buyers.
- Comply with internal policies, procedures and all regulatory and governmental regulations and laws.
- Perform other related duties as assigned including but not limited to supporting sourcing projects and supplier management activities.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, management sciences, business, finance or related field preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in biotech/biopharma procurement.
- Familiarity with pharma R&D terminology, experience in Pharma R&D centric procurement support, ability to understand diverse and at times complex Pharma R&D centric procurement needs.
- Proficiency with excel to organize and analyze data.
- Strong time-management skills and ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to approach challenges and urgent requests with a positive, problem-solving mindset.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Experience with an ERP system, preferably Oracle NetSuite.
- Embraces 23andMe core values of: Think Big; We Love DNA; Lead with Science; Get to Yes or No, quickly; Behind every datapoint is a human being; and We’re in this together.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back