What will you be empowered to do?
Compute Enterprise Infrastructure
Technical Program Manager
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a Technical Program Manager to join our growing Program Office team. You are someone who is passionate about solving ambiguous problems and pragmatically balance the need to scale with the desire to remain scrappy. You develop your own point of view, but readily pivot when a better solution emerges, and view complex requirements as an opportunity to simplify. You have humility, a bias for action, great ability to partner, and a sense of ownership in your projects. You’ve got a strong background in building analytics environments and databases, preferably in the life sciences sector and comfortable in collaborating with therapeutics discovery scientists. You are excited to play a key role in helping 23andMe scale and transform drug discovery and the way millions of customers understand their health.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and enhanced drug discovery.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the delivery of internal data and products for our genetic discovery and therapeutics space
- Facilitate the development of data and analytics workflows at 23andMe for our Therapeutics team
- Understand and manage a wide variety infrastructure projects (databases, compute pipelines, storage systems) for our research and therapeutics teams
- Develop a deep technical understanding of the processing and analytics at 23andMe, including machine learning of genetic and phenotypic data
- Identify pain points and workflow inefficiencies with key partners, build business cases to address them, and collaboratively brainstorm product opportunities for improvement
- Maintain and contribute to the roadmap for core Data Technology and Infrastructure components for our research, therapeutics and clinical studies products
- Translate user requirements into technical requirements to drive the execution of internal products forward
- Drive a pipeline of features and enhancements; constantly refine priorities to ensure alignment with company goals
- Work side by side with partners in Research, Therapeutics, and Engineering to deliver technologies on time
What You’ll Bring
- 4+ years of software or technical program management experience
- 2+ years in managing research infrastructure systems and tools
- Experience building big data and data science frameworks and computation techniques and software, or tools that utilize large computational infrastructure
- Amazing organizational and time management skills. You're able to make sense out of a complex system with many moving parts; you sweat the details where it's needed
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to interact with individuals with diverse (scientific, technical / regulatory / business) backgrounds
- Proficiency in program/project management tools (e.g. Smartsheet, Jira, Confluence, Google Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in biology, engineering, statistics, computer science, or mathematics
- Technical depth with software development frameworks, AWS cloud computing infrastructure, and agile workflows
- Familiarity with information architecture best practices, bioinformatics workflows
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe takes a market-based approach to pay, and amounts will vary depending on your geographic location. The salary range reflected here is for a candidate based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.