Join our gene pool.
Senior Software Engineer - Statistical Analysis
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Join 23andMe and solve cool and challenging engineering problems focused on building large-scale, cloud-based, data processing pipelines to power novel research. Work within a collaborative environment of small fast-paced development teams that have a mix of veteran engineers and recent graduates. Come join us in our mission to be the world's trusted source of personal genetic information!
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with researchers and a small team of developers to design, implement, and optimize high throughput data processing pipelines that power genetic research at large scale
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field with 4+ years experience, or a Master’s with 1+ years of experience
- Experience in applied statistical analysis
- A demonstrated track record of shipping complex and high-quality products and features
- A strong interest in biology and genetics
- Experience building and optimizing large scale, distributed data processing pipelines
- Experience working with our technologies (AWS, Spark, Python, and/or C++)
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back