Join our gene pool.
Senior Software Engineer - Back Office
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Join 23andMe in our mission is to be the world's trusted source of personal genetic information. We are seeking an outstanding Sr. Software Engineer who wants to challenge and push the boundaries of technology and science.
You will design, build, test and deploy new services and features used by customers and teams internal to 23andMe. You will contribute innovative solutions to challenging engineering problems to make those features real and perform at scale. You'll lead by example and share your product delivery wisdom, wit, and experience across the team.
Join our growing Engineering team and enjoy a collaborative environment with small project teams working on a variety of tasks ranging from web and application development to genotype data processing.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
The backoffice team is responsible for systems and services critical to customers for authentication and making sure that they receive their kits quickly. We also build systems for the customer care, finance, and operations teams to improve their workflows.
What you'll do
- Play a key role in product development and feature definition
- Design and implement new features and frameworks
- Advocate and advance extensive automated testing and automated continuous deployment
- Create high performance and scalable solutions
- Design, build, test and deploy new critical high-performance web applications and backend APIs
What you'll bring
- BS in Engineering or related field with a minimum of 5 years’ industry experience, real-world experience delivering production-quality code
- Experience with full stack web application development
- Working knowledge of Python and/or significant exposure to different programming languages and paradigms
- A team player attitude with comfortability operating in a highly collaborative environment
- Plus: Experience with development in the AWS ecosystem or docker
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.