Join our gene pool.
Senior Design Manager
Sunnyvale, California, United States
The 23andMe DNA Studios is a growing team of passionate creative thinkers, makers and doers dedicated to bringing creative excellence to 23andMe’s marketing efforts -including product marketing, brand campaigns, social initiatives and user education. We are on a mission to create beautifully crafted content, stories and experiences that capture the voice, tone and spirit of 23andMe’s unique brand.
We believe deciphering the human genome is the most exciting scientific discovery of our lifetime. It’s a secret code in each of us! We also believe the more we learn about our DNA, the more we learn about ourselves. With every customer interaction we have, every data point we collect -- the goal is not only to change the way people see their DNA, but to change the way they live their lives.
Who you are
We are looking for a Senior Design Manager to join our brand-led in-house creative team. As a senior manager, you will partner closely with the Creative and Brand Director to lead in the development of strategies, concepts and executions of a wide range of creative solutions for integrated campaigns and content. The ideal candidate should be a natural leader with a marketing/advertising agency background. You'll contribute to our visual standards and ensure everything we design is on-brand, compelling and distinctive. You will work with a team of talented creatives, marketers, product leaders and business leaders, all working together to bring our ideas to life while creating best-in-class creative.
What you'll do
- Report to and partner with the Creative Director in the development of creative strategies, concepts, and executions.
- Manage a team of visual designer to produce best in class creative outputs.
- Oversee a minimum of 3-5 creatives at any given time.
- Manage multiple projects and timelines from concept, production, to completion.
- Ensure quality and timely creative production and communication with creative teammates, company partners and external clients.
- Work closely with the project management team to schedule deadlines, and resolve resource and delivery issues.
- Gather feedback throughout the process and create alignment among stakeholders.
- Define and implement strategies that facilitate creative excellence.
- Actively seek out new ways to help grow and shape our creative outputs and culture.
- Lead in the development of visual guidelines and design systems, and advocate the consistent application of design standards across experiences.
What you'll bring
- 10+ years of experience in an integrated marketing agency or in-house team.
- 5+ years of experience leading creative teams.
- Has strong leadership skills, and enjoys mentoring and fostering the growth of junior team members for both copy and visual disciplines.
- Experience in crafting creative executions for direct marketing initiatives that can be evolved through testing and data.
- Experience designing and delivering creative solutions in a variety of marketing channels, across a broad range of media.
- Is an experienced multi-tasker that is not intimidated by the thought of juggling multiple projects and tasks at once in a fast-paced work environment.
- A demonstrated track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound creative, strategic and analytical thinking skills, while maintaining composure.
- A collaborative work ethic and easy-going nature.
- Excellent organization and presentation skills to structure your presentations and documents in a way that can be easily understood and modified by others.
- An outstanding portfolio that is not only traditional but also digital (experience in social is a plus).
- A portfolio is a MUST for application.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back